It’s a cold Aussie morning, what if I told you that your could have an amazingly comforting Hot Milo in two minutes? Chances are that you already have the 3 ingredients needed to make one. What are you waiting for??
- Milo, 3-5 heaped tsps
- White Sugar, 1 tsp
- Microwave + Microwave safe mug/jug.
This is what I’d call Aussie comfort food. It’s something I used to make as a kid, and it still holds up on a cold winter’s morning/night.
1. Pour milk into a microwave safe mug, until 1cm from top.
2. Either microwave in that mug, or transfer into a microwave safe jug (I do this because it’s easier to the mixing in a moment).
3. Microwave for 1.5 min on high.
4. Once milk is heated, add 1 teaspoon of white sugar, and then 3-5 heaped milo spoons (to taste). Note: 4 spoons is a good balance, but you can tweak it depending on how intense you want your milo taste.
5. Then pop back into microwave for 30 seconds.
6. Transfer to mug and Enjoy! (warning, that last 30 seconds in the microwave is there to make it piping hot!).
NOTES: you can adjust ratios once you’ve gotten the hang of it, reduce the sugar if you find it too sweet (etc).
Let me know if you make it and what you think! + Tweet photos to @Insanity540