“Sorry for the slight delay in posting this, but I’ve been pretty busy and I had to go back to work today” – Ben
Amazing photo taken by my fiancé (more about that next)
Check out my video of the Sydney New Years 2013 fireworks finale;
“So in keeping with last years post, I’ll discuss my resolutions” – Ben
New Years Resolutions for 2012:
- Lose weight – Success! I managed to lose 18kg, and reach my first personal weight loss goal of being under 100kg.
- Catch up with old friends – Semi-Success, I’m still pretty shocking at keeping in touch with old friends; but I did manage to see quite a few people in 2012.
- Find some direction with my life – Failure, I found a job though I’m not certain it will be my career. I am still keen to find something awesome.
- Do some photography / art – Success. I completed the 365 project for 2012 (though I missed a few days).
- Learn a new life skill – Neutral, I kinda learnt a new language. I studied Korean throughout 2012, and while I feel like I only know 5%, I’m still happy I can read and say a few basic phrases. I want to learn more.
Bonus 2012 events:
- Engaged – I got engaged to my beautiful girlfriend whilst we were in Korea visiting her family. Very excited/Happy!
- Blog reached 1 Million views! – Still very excited about finally having that view count click over to a million; thanks everyone!
- Getting to be a part of one of my best friends weddings – I was really honoured and touched to be asked to be the MC at Wongsters wedding. I loved being part of it, though I was very nervous because I didn’t want to ruin their big day.
New Years Resolutions for 2013:
- Lose MORE weight – Now that I’ve reached my first goal (getting under 100kg), I want to reach 90kg – which I think will be a healthy weight for me. From there I can think about doing another few/5.
- Prepare & Plan for the wedding – This will probably be a 2013-2014 goal, but from now on I will be seriously focusing on this (obviously!)
- Get control of my finances – I have a few things I need to work on, and one of them is being less casual with my spending. 2012 wasn’t a good year for me money-wise, and I’m going to fix that in 2013.
- Do 365 Project for 2013 – Due to popular demand I will be doing the 365 project for 2013. Get excited! (you can follow me on instagram: @benjamin_lewis)
- Improve my Korean – So I’ve done the basics, I’ve been to Korea… now I need to practise so I can actually participate in conversations and not sit there like a goon.
What did I do for New Years Eve (2012/2013)?
- I was fortunate this year to have access to one of the best views in Sydney – though I was very limited in the number of people I could invite.
- I planned a very chilled NYE party which included a bathtub full of drinks:
- I also managed to avoid the crazy amount of people in the public areas;
The chaos that was McMahon’s Point
- My photo #365 was a pretty cool selection of the 9pm Fireworks in Sydney;
#365 – 9pm Fireworks
- …and my sister’s photo was pretty cool too:
Top 10 posts for 2012:
- Doodle God Walkthrough / Guide
- Boba Fett doesn’t give a fuck (gif)
- Cinnamon Challenge Gifs
- Jimmy Fallon & Justin Timberlake – History of Rap (Parts 1, 2 and 3)
- Facebook – Happy Birthday Meme-Style
- Jessica Biel’s ass (Gif)
- Zahia Dehar’s Ass Shake Gif
- Here is where I would put a fuck, if I gave one
- Fuck yo couch! gif
- Cameron Diaz from The Mask