“I have to thank The Art of Manliness for this awesome post. I was not aware of all the technical differences and such involved in modern archery” – Ben
Tools of Trade:
- Bow – There are two types of traditional bow – the longbow and the recurve bow.
- Arrow - the ulitmate part of archery. You need a proper arrow or it won’t matter what you are doing.
- Quiver - place to stick your arrows before firing them.
- Arm Guard - ever done archery before? you’ll know how much it hurts to have the bowline snap onto your forearm.
Modern (compound) archery
The difference between Traditional and Modern Archery:
- Traditional – more instinctive, bow can be held at any angle (“canting”). No “let off” (you must hold the power in the bowline the entire time).
- Modern – uses sights, releases, etc. Sights require excellent gauges in distance. Have “let off” (you don’t have to strain once bowline is pulled to full).
Read the detailed post from Art of Manliness.
“Torrents are an amazing way of finding stuff you are after. Lifehacker have done a great job at explaining it, so please click on the source link to read the entire page” – Ben
Assuming you are using Utorrent for your downloads, it has a lot of great settings that you can tweak to ensure your at full speed and with some added privacy.
“I lie, I love to cook. But, as always, the Oatmeal makes a good point” – Ben
Source: The Oatmeal Comic