I’ve decided to do a How To: series of posts on some interesting internet/computer related things that I’ve worked out how to do and think other people would enjoy.
This first post is about how to Access your home computer remotely over the internet.
- Perhaps you have files and stuff on your home computer you want to access (like a certain photo that you want a copy of)
- Perhaps you want to set up downloads/torrents etc while your at work.
- Perhaps you want to access sites that have been blocked, like facebook or myspace.
- Goto http://www.teamviewer.com and download the team viewer software.
- Install team viewer program onto both your home computer and the other computer.
- ON YOUR HOME COMPUTER: Run the team viewer program with internet access and copy down the ID number and passcode provided in the teamviewer program window (this is used to connect the two computers).
- ON THE OTHER COMPUTER: Run the team viewer, but enter the ID number provided from the home computer’s team viewer program. Make sure “remote support” is selected and then enter the passcode to verify the process.
- Enjoy remote-controlly goodness!